First time with Mortgage Renewal!!

Thomas Hachik
Hi,

It's time for renewing the mortgage on our new apartment. This will be our first renewal. I have never dealt with any mortgage renewals before. I was wondering whether I should sign the renewal option with the lender that I'm currently with, or is it possible to renew with a different lender, or to use a mortgage broker to find a better rate?

Does anyone over here know about this mortgage renewal solution in Ontario? Do I have to pay any extra fees for changing the lender? Please share your suggestions. I'm eagerly waiting for your replies.

Thanks in advance!