Fitting glass in cabin after installation

Fitting glass in cabin after installation

KennethLopez
Our cabinets are installed and I am wishing we had gone with glass in a couple of doors. I made that offhand remark to my GC and he said that he can always get the glass aftermarket, but the inside of the cabinets wouldn't be stained like they would if we had ordered them with glass from the start. I am ok with that as any glass I get I would want to be frosted or bubbled or something non-see-through.

Has anyone added glass after the fact? Did you get new doors with glass from the door replacement company or did the carpenter cut out the inner panel (we have recessed panel doors) and add glass? If the latter, how did they stay? How expensive was the whole thing compared to buying it that way to start?

I know that I need to have this convo with the GC to get firm answers for my situation, just curious what others have done.